The Charles Willard Coe Memorial Library , located on the Chalon Campus, is the principal library of Mount Saint Mary’s University. Constructed in 1947, the Coe Library houses the majority of print library materials for both campuses and also houses the Instructional Media Center, an Office of Institutional Technology (OIT), administered repository for non-print media, and the hardware necessary to non-print media use. The facility is intended primarily for individual and small group use but also circulates its sound and image collections for use in the classroom. There is an OIT administered computer lab on the 4th floor and a 24 hour computer lab and study rooms are located on the 1st floor.
The J. Thomas McCarthy Library on the Doheny Campus is housed in the Sr. Magdalen Coughlin Learning Complex.
The libraries serving the two campuses currently hold over 130,000 volumes and carry subscriptions to over 800 print periodicals. Moreover, the OIT administered IMTC contains over 5500 titles of non-print media material. Print and non-print materials are lent from one library to the other to accommodate the changing curriculum and to meet the needs of faculty and students, who are also permitted to use both collections in person. The libraries hold subscriptions to a number of bibliographic and full-text on-line databases in a wide variety of academic subject areas. There are three book databases as well as numerous journal article and proprietary materials databases. Please consult the Libraries’ Research Resources WebPages for a list of current subscriptions.