Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
- Completion of at least 124 semester units with a grade point average of 2.0 (C average) for all university work undertaken at Mount Saint Mary’s University. A minimum of 45 semester units must be in upper division work.
- Completion of a major, as designated by the major department.
- Satisfaction of the senior residence requirement. Residence is defined as 30 of the last 39 units before graduation must be taken at Mount Saint Mary’s University. A minimum of 12 upper division units must be in the student's major and earned in regular course work at Mount Saint Mary’s University.
- Completion of a Mount Saint Mary’s University General Studies program.
- Required Course: Introduction to University Studies (SPR 85) is required of all freshmen entering the university with fewer than 24 units. (Does not apply to Weekend/Evening College students.)
- Must file a graduation application in the Registrar’s Office by the published deadline at the start of the term prior to the term of projected completion. (See academic calendar for published deadline.)
In order to participate in commencement exercises students must be registered for all courses needed to complete degree and university requirements. If a student is granted permission to enroll in a course prior to graduation at an institution other than Mount Saint Mary’s University, the transcript must be received by June 30 for a spring graduation date.
All courses used to fulfill General Studies requirements must be passed with a grade of C- or above, with the exception of ENG 1A and ENG 1B, which must be completed with a grade of C or better and ENG 5H with a grade of B or better.
A student is governed by the catalog under which he/she enters MSMU. If subsequent catalogs have changes in major/minor or General Studies requirements, which are in the student’s favor, they may be substituted, by the department chair, at the option of the student. Changes in University policies and procedures apply to all students.