To encourage a wider choice of courses by lessening the student's concern for the grade point average, selected courses may be taken for CR/NC. The following regulations apply to this option:
- Courses used to fulfill General Studies requirements may not be taken CR/NC.
- No more than six (6) elective units taken on a CR/NC basis can be applied to the 124 units required for the baccalaureate degree.
- Courses which are only offered on a CR/NC basis are not counted as part of the six units.
- The deadline for changing the grading in a course to CR/NC is the tenth (10th) week of the semester. Consult the academic calendar or the Registrar's Office for the specific date.
- Courses taken on a CR/NC basis may not be applied to requirements for the student's major except at the discretion of the major department.
- Once requested and approved, the request for CR/NC cannot be reversed.