Designation of Credit and Courses

Courses numbered 1-99 are lower division courses, generally taken by freshmen and sophomores; those numbered 100-199 are upper division courses, generally taken by juniors and seniors, or majors. In order to enroll in any upper division course, a student must first successfully complete English 1A and 1B or English 5H. Students must also have sophomore standing or the approval of the instructor to enroll in an upper division class. Students must be enrolled in an English composition class each semester until they complete the General Studies written communication skills requirement IA.

Credit for courses whose course numbers include the letter X may not be applied to the Baccalaureate degree.

Courses numbered 200-299 are graduate level, those numbered 300-399 are professional courses, and those between 340-349 are professional credit courses that may be submitted for equivalency evaluation to be applied to a credential or masters program. Courses numbered 400 and above are used to fulfill DPT requirements.

Courses listed as upper division/graduate (100/200) may be taken for either undergraduate or graduate credit.

After the last day to add a course as published in the schedule of classes, no changes may be made respective to the level of study.