Religious Studies M.A.
Satisfactory completion of graduate division and department requirements.
- 24 units (Two 3-unit courses in each of the four major areas, one of which is RST 220: Theories & Methods)
- 9 units Electives (3-unit courses)
- 3 units Capstone Project
- 36 units Total
Religious Studies M.A. Capstone Project:
In order to receive the M.A. in Religious Studies the student must successfully complete the Capstone Project.
The “Capstone Project” is the terminal research exercise consisting of:
- RST 290: Capstone Proposal (1)
- RST 291: Capstone Research, Analysis and Presentation (2)
- Normally the student completes RST 291 within one academic semester. If for valid reasons this is impossible, the student may register for RST 291A, RST 291B, RST 291C, RST 291D (1, 1, 1, 1)
The Director of Graduate Religious Studies program and the Graduate Dean must approve any exception to this.
Religious Studies M.A. Transfer of Credit
The student may transfer six (6) units of graduate religious studies credit from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning towards the completion of the M.A. in Religious Studies degree.
In order to do so, the student must first successfully complete six (6) units of Mount Saint Mary’s University Graduate Religious Studies credit before formally petitioning for unit transfer.
The acceptance of transfer credit is subject to the approval of the Director of Graduate Religious Studies and the Graduate Dean. Credits cannot predate admission to Mount Saint Mary’s University by more than seven (7) years. The Director of Graduate Religious Studies and the Graduate Dean must approve any exception to this.